What to Consider Before Having Nose Surgery
Changing the shape of your nose is one of the most popular cosmetic and plastic surgeries. Whether you want to call it nose surgery, a nose job, or rhinoplasty there are important things to consider before you have it done.
Is it medical or cosmetic? If it’s medical you have no choice. You need nose surgery and your plastic surgeon will instruct you on what you need to do. If it’s for looks, you have a choice and a few things to think about.
- The operation: Because of its shape and what makes up the nose, nose surgery is the most complicated cosmetic surgery. A tiny millimeter off course can make or break the difference between how good you look. For this reason, many a nose job needs a second operation, or revision, even with an excellent surgeon.
- Be fussy about the doctor you choose. Make sure he or she has a solid reputation and track record. To improve your looks choose a cosmetic surgeon rather than a plastic surgeon. Some surgeons are both, but generally speaking plastic surgeons are experts at fixing medical problems. Cosmetic surgeons are experts too, but also artists who know how to make a beautiful nose that will complement your other features.
- Cost: The average cost of a nose job in the ร้อยไหมจมูก United States is $6,000. Extra should be factored in for time lost at work, medication, perhaps revisions if the job did not turn out exactly right. Employer insurance covers nose surgery for medical purposes but not for beauty purposes. Be prepared to pay out of your pocket.
- Time out of your life: Usually recovery takes a week or more, so count on spending up to 2 weeks hiding at home while the swelling and bruising goes down, the pain dissipates and breathing becomes more normal. For those 2 weeks you will not look good and you shouldn’t expect to.
- Is the nose you want really for you? You may love Nicole Kidman’s delicate little nose, but putting her nose on your face may not make you look better unless you also have all her other facial features. The best shape of nose, in proportion to your other, individual features will look the best on you, even if it will not make you as beautiful as Nicole. Don’t try to get a nose outside what is normal for your racial group. People of different races look best when they stay within the framework of their race’s features.
- Why do you want nose surgery? A beautiful new nose will not disguise a lack of confidence or self esteem? Nothing will solve those issues except addressing them directly with counseling or therapy. Many beautiful models and stars still lived unhappy lives because their looks did not overcome their lack of sell-esteem.
Nose surgery is much more affordable in Mexico
If money is an issue, you may want to consider becoming a medical tourist. The medical tourism industry in Mexico can cost 75% lower than in America. Thousands of Americans and Canadians travel abroad for low-cost medical treatment that is out of their financial reach, every year. The closest medical tourism country to the U.S. and Canada is Mexico. Many of the doctors and hospitals in Mexico are affiliated with the best American hospitals. Many doctors have practiced on both sides of the border.
Whatever you do, don’t just go to Mexico and get any doctor who advertises low rates or who is referred by a street vendor. If the clinic looks seedy, it probably is. The reputable clinics are just as clean, pristine and well-equipped as any American clinics. Do your research and find out what doctors and hospitals have the best reputation.